My Favorite Teacher

   
    Teachers are one of the many the heroes that shape our minds. I was lucky I had so many awesome teachers who helped and guided me all through my academics. But this post is about my childhood tuition teacher Sakunthala Miss!!! She started taking tuition for my brother as my mom didn't have patience to make us sit and I used to join them right from LKG. I studied with her till 5th and then for my 10th board I again went to her. I used to learn the question along with the answer and recite to her. I know i was a big nerd and a show-off too 😀.
    When my brother was studying for his 10th board exams, she used to rock him in my niece's cradle in order to coax him to study. She used to come at 6 in the morning, wake him up & was always attacked by his pet dog Pepsi for disturbing him. I learnt to drive so well in her 'Sunny boy' scooter. We both used to roam around our native singing loudly!!!
    I always spent my pongal holidays in her home with her family. She had such a cozy home & I used to spend my days snuggling next to her watching TV & getting scoldings from her Mom. When i think about my childhood pongal all I can remember is spending it in her home. On my marriage day she & my mom were the two people who were with me throughout. And when I lost Mom she was with me throughout to share my grief. My pillar of strength.
    She is not just my teacher but a sister, mentor, role-model, friend and well-wisher. She is one of the most strong confident & yet soft-spoken woman I had seen. Love you so much Miss!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2