Naachiyaar - A movie

 
    The summer is so hot & cruel in Chennai. Scorching Sun, unbearable heat & never ending water scarcity led to the one ultimate destination the TV in our room with me watching endless movies & series on weekend & after office. PV & I use the other rooms only when necessary. We watch atleast 5 movies on the weekend alone thanks to Amazon Prime, Hotstar & Netflix. Instead of taking the book challenge, I could have taken movie challenge. (BTW I have completed 20 books so far)
     One such evening out of boredom I started watching 'Naachiyaar' in Prime. Only during the title card did I know that the movie was directed by Bala. Now i prepared my mind to expect a dark story. Boy I was wrong!!! The movie stars Jyothika as Naachiyar a strict, honest & short-tempered police officer who tries to find a minor rape victim 'Arasi' who is now full 9 months pregnant. The person suspected is again a minor boy 'Kaathu' portrayed by G.V.Prakash who is also the girl's lover.
    They arrest him & jail him. On seeing this the girl goes into labour & gives birth to a boy. A DNA test is conducted & it reveals that Kaathu is not the father. The rest of the movie revolves around finding the real culprit & the consequences Naachiyaar faces for being a honest officer.
    The story is fast-paced & is very realistic. Dr. Gurushankar of Meenakshi Medical Mission plays the role of Naachiyaar's Dr.Husband & his skepticism towards his wife & her actions are very realistic. Overall a good movie & I wish movies like these get good recognition for their works. I would rate the movie 4/5.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2