Lockdowns 2020

    Every sunday, my mom, dad & myself would go out for a long drive for atleast an hour or two, where we talked about anything & everything. This was one of the rituals I inherited from my parents and on March 15th Sunday, PV, Varun & I went out for our usual car drive to Mahabalipuram via ECR. We never thought that it would be a while before we could go back again. So on the next saturday when they announced the Janta Curfew, Varun kept asking why cant we go out in the car & we pacified him saying we'll go next week. And then came the lockdowns & we explained to him about the Corona Virus outbreak & the reason we cant step outside our homes.
   Today after a month & a half, I stepped out with PV to stock our monthly supplies as there was no online delivery in our area through BigBasket & Amazon. And the local supermarkets are also not delivering. Varun was excited thinking that he would also accompany us. Had to again break his bubble & say its not safe for him to step out. PV & I wore the mask & immediately Varun asked us "Will you come back before I sleep?" Such a simple question but it created so much fear in the back our minds.
    Coming to the masks. Man they are sweaty & stuffy but need of the hour. And i was just wearing a cloth mask. Really have such respect for the people wearing multiple masks & protective gear. Not everyone can do that. PV & I finished our shopping in half an hour & reached home too.The roads & the shop were relatively empty.
   We have a small open terrace in our apartment where we have a small garden. PV & I washed our hands, legs & removed our masks. I used the sanitizer too & ran straight to bath. I was too thirsty & wanted to have water. But the fear of exposure too was real. After the bath, i was physically & emotionally drained from all the ordeal. Anger & fear are my constant companions these days. I dont watch the news anymore. There is too much information out there & i can't find the right filter in my mind for them. I just go through the headlines in Google.
   All i want is to go back to my boring life with the boring packed schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2