The World of Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar.....

    The World of Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar etc.....

    I still remember my childhood days when we waited for Friday evening 'Oliyum Ozhiyum' song show in DD-Tamil to watch latest movie songs. There wasn't any other channel to compel/compete to change. On one occasion my family had booked tickets for 'Kadhalan' movie & a song from that movie was aired in 'Oliyum Ozhiyum'. It was great treat for us & it built the anticipation for the movie. 
    Then came the age of Sun TV, Raj TV, K TV, Vijay TV & then Star World, Movies, HBO, TLC, FOX Life etc. I used to plan my day around the various programmes. Today we have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, Youtube & many other Pay-per view channels. After joining work I never really had time / energy to watch TV & the constant fight for screen space with Varun, Rajesh & my MIL made me to move on to Fire TV Stick. I was against having a TV in our bedroom for so many years & finally it was me who installed it. 
    Now i spend most of my weekends binge watching various shows. No more fighting for screen space. The downside to this change is with TV during commercials the family speaks with each other but with Play/Pause at convenience the speaking has reduced rapidly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2