Lets not leave Tea behind!!!

       
    By now everyone would have known my love for Cappuccino. But Tea has a special place in my heart. Not the traditional milk chai. That is still out. A cup of black tea with honey on a cold morning like today just warms the soul. I love black tea with different flavours like ginger, cardamom, lemon, Sulaimani from 'Chai Kings'(OMG, they taste awesome)....
    I also love flavored green teas, Hibiscus tea, Mint tea, Tulsi tea, Pomegranate, orange etc. When I was pregnant with Varun, I was off coffee & was not sure whether I could drink the flavored teas. On my first visit to the Dr I asked about Hibiscus & Rose tea(my favorites). The Dr gave me a weird look & laughed at me saying "Yen ma poova thalaila veika asa paduvanga, nee enna Kudikura!!!"(Everybody will want to adorn flowers on their hair, why are you drinking it!!!)
    So again with the tea making came many perks. I collected a few tea kettles, many coffee & tea mugs. I like my tea to be loose leaf as they pack more flavor than tea bags and with this came my latest obsession for different kinds of tea stainers/infusers. I dont add sugar to my tea. Plain if its flavored & honey if its black. So unlike coffee, I dont feel any guilty pleasure with my tea!!!
    And in summer I indulge in a tall glass of sweet Iced lemon tea. Who can say no to that!!!So if you see my kitchen I have half a shelf dedicated for all kinds of tea & coffee. But the best black tea I have tasted so far is the one my mother-in-law makes. Over the years the taste has remained consistent & the colour is so beautiful to look at.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2