My Mini Vacation & New Year 2019

   
    It was time for us to have a mini vacation & as Appa is in Yelagiri hills we decided to go spend some time there. Arrived on Saturday that too so late because of all the traffic in the highway & one quick question. Who blocks a four/six lane Highway By-pass with barricades? My god the highway from Chennai to Yelagiri is filled with barricades at all unlikely places & I am sure that they cause more accidents than before.
    Anyhoo after a chilly Chennai we reached a freezing Yelagiri. Spent the whole of Sunday on the swing in the porch, reading a book. On Monday, I spent the day reading & sleeping to prepare for the New Year night!!!My niece got pissed of at me for reading books all the time & asked "Are you gonna be like this all day?"(In a sarcastic & accusatory tone)
     This year with my brother's family, my dad, my uncle, niece, PV & Varun we set up a camp fire in the garden & barbecued some chicken & welcomed the year with crackers. It was so cold at 16C but our Varun refused to wear jacket/hat. Had to wriggle him inside.
    8 years ago I spent my mother's last New year in Yelagiri & after that I never felt like going there for the New year. Back of my mind, I felt sad that it was one more year without mom & I really miss her during these times. Years may fly by, but the yearning to be with her grows more with time. We also talked about all the people who left us behind with their memories. In a way it was nice to talk & remember them on the New year!!!!

Comments

  1. Cool New year.. She is behind all ur actions dear.. U remind me more of her, and she is always proud of u..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2