4 Down 48 more to go!!!!

  
    I have taken up a challenge to read 52 books this year one book every week. And yes its a mountain of a challenge. My saturdays are whole lot of reading & less of other life.
Book 1 : True Believer by Nicholas Spark
    The book is about a how a guy from New York city falls in love with a woman in a small county in North Carolina. Sorry to say but the book was boring. I thought i could not go wrong with Nicholas Sparks!!! Had to force myself to finish. Too many unwanted things clubbed together to form a very flat book. I would give this book 2/5.
Book 2: The Wedding Tamasha by Sudha Nair
   Few years back PV gifted me a Kindle & though i love reading I was never a fan of ebooks. Physical books especially Hardcovers are my favorite. So I read books by authors who i have never read before in my kindle. There has been times when i loved the ebook & got the physical book to add to my collection. Now coming to this book, I have to say i liked it. The book is about a married woman & the events that occur in her life. It was entertaining & kept me hooked up. I would rate it 4/5.
Book 3: Split Second by David Baldacci
    My first book of this author was 'One Summer' which was about a family losing their loved one. I started reading that book around the time my mom passed away & immediately closed it. Eventually after a few years I read the book & i liked his narration. the next book was 'Sixth Sense' a King & Maxwell series & from that time this author is a regular in my reading list. Coming to this book, its about 2 Secret Service agents, how they fell victims to a psychotic sociopath & proved their innocence & went on to start a private investigative agency. I read in Kindle since i got it for Rs.19 in a deal. I enjoyed the book so much and will rate it 4/5
Book 4: Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
    Everybody knows about the movie Princess Diaries but the book is entirely different & a feel good light read. Though the pages were less & it was good book it took me almost 1.5 weeks to finish. It was not a compelling read i guess. Its about the Diary of a 14 yr old school girl who turns out to be the princess of a European nation. Its a good read & i would rate it 3/5
    So that is it for now hopefully i'll get to continue the challenge with everything that is happening around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Fruit!!!

Pasta Mania

The Long Awaited Vacation - Part 2